The Website is operated by ACTIV8 Lubricants Ltd ("ACTIV8/we/our/us") a company incorporated in Scotland (Company Number SC239612 ) with registered office at Millriggs Park, Hightae, Lockerbie.DG11 1JL.
The purpose of this statement is to set out the purposes for which, and the manner in which, we may collect and use personal information that we may obtain about you.
ACTIV8 does not knowingly collect data from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use the ACTIV8 website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
1. When you register and use this site:
- You will be asked to provide certain information such as your name, contact details and possibly credit card or other payment details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
2. We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
a) to register you with our website and to manage any account you hold with us.
b) to administer our website services.
c) to fulfil our agreement with you and to process your order and obtain payment.
d) Where you have agreed that we may do so, we may keep you informed of products and services (including products and services of other companies and organisations and including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and so on) which we consider may be of interest to you by any of the following methods: Email, Telephone, SMS text messages and other electronic messages such as picture messaging or Post
3. If you do not wish to receive information of products and services which may be of interest to you from us, you can select the opt-out option when you submit your details or you can unsubscribe at any time by sending us an email as described in paragraph 18 below or by signing in and changing your preferences on our website.
4. We may engage third party payment providers to administer and process your payment card details in order to complete any purchase that you make through the website.
5. We may store and process your information on our own information technology systems or on systems owned by third parties that may store and process your information on our behalf.
6. In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other retailers and to financial and other organisations involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way. Without limitation to the foregoing, we may disclose any information and data relating to you to the police or any regulatory or government authority including and not limited to law enforcement agencies in response to a request in connection with the investigation of any suspected illegal activities.
7. Calls may be recorded to verify content and may be used together with other customer records for regulatory compliance, quality control and staff training, preventing or detecting criminal activity and for complaint resolution.
8. We may give information about you to the following companies and organisations who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
a) to employees and agents ACTIV8 and other approved third parties to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by ACTIV8 now or in the future.
b) to agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs.
c) to other organisations for the administration of prize draws or competitions.
d) to anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
e) if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
9. In carrying out the activities specified in this policy, we may transfer data to reputable companies outside the European Economic Area. Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your information will be afforded the same level of protection as that required of us under applicable UK data protection legislation you should be aware that countries outside the European Economic Area may not offer the same level of protection of personal data.
11. We are required to provide you with clear and comprehensive information about the cookies which we use on the site and to obtain your consent to the use of the cookies. In order to comply with these requirements we have prepared a cookies policy setting out information about cookies, detailing the cookies we use and providing information on how to manage cookies on your computer.
13. We will treat all of your information in strict confidence and we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
14. We may in our absolute discretion accept or reject any product review which may be submitted to us and may edit any such review for both length and/or content as we see fit. All reviews are submitted on the basis that ACTIV8 may use the review in any format and for any purpose as it sees fit and for any marketing or promotional purposes.
15. You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee (see Contact us below).
16. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us .
17. Please be aware that our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
18. If you want to be removed from our mailing list, please send an email to email@example.com with the word 'remove' in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request. In addition, each electronic mailing we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe.
19. To change any of your registered details on ACTIV8Lubricants.com, click on 'Sign in' and enter your login name and password. Once logged in change any of the details shown and click 'update my details'.
22. You have different options to manage the cookies on your computer or device. You can change your browser settings to prevent cookies from being accepted, or, depending on which browser you are using, you might be able to receive an alert when a website is trying to place one on your browser. With most browsers you can allow first party cookies to be set but refuse third party cookies.
If you change your cookie preferences, you will still be able to browse around the site but certain functions will not be available, for example you will not be able to set up a new account or access an existing account. Also, by not allowing cookies, some of our standard functionality will not work, for example deleting certain cookies will remove items from your trolley or sign you out of your ACTIV8 account. Also, in the trolley icon at the top right of the web page, it may appear that you have items in your trolley, although these may actually have been deleted.
Your browsers 'help' menu should tell you how to block cookies or change your cookie settings. How you adjust your browser will depend on the browser you are using.
You can delete cookies stored in your browser by using a function in your browser. Whilst this does not mean you won't collect cookies in the future, it gives you freedom to delete your cookies after you have been online. This function is often known as 'clearing cookies'.
Clearing your cookies on one browser of one device does not automatically clear them on another. You need to clear all browsers on all channels independently.